gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Battery has flat lined two times in a month each time after

Customer Question

Battery has flat lined two times in a month each time after a cold snap. I keep it in the garage. Dealler doesn't know why.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Yes it has been tested by the dealer and an auto parts store it is a good battery. but only has 356 cold cranking amps
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2017 legacy
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only had it since august i expect the dealer to fix it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know nothing about cars. i am female 71 years old.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

That doesn't seem right- I just took a look at a 13 Legacy Outback wagon, and the battery in that one is rated at 490 CCA (which I think is low for a cold area like I am in, most are a minimum 0f 600 CCA) if 356 is what the battery is reaching when it is being tested, it is definitely low. I would contact the dealer, and if they don't give you satisfaction on this, then ask the service manager for the number for Subaru's Customer Care line. That ought to motivate him, everything is all about Customer Satisfaction scores in the dealerships.