tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I read two codes on my 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. One

Customer Question

I read two codes on my 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. One is P2763 and the other is P0700. On my dashboard the CHECK ENGINE light illuminates continuously, the BRAKE light flashes, the AT OIL TEMP light flashes, the CRUISE indicator flashes, and lastly the Vehicle Dynamics Control light illuminates continously. This happened when I drove my car for the first time today. I did get my vehicle washed yesterday as well as fill up gas. I fasted my cap back on after the problems started to occur. Any ideas on what is going on?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Which light?
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not. I only have read the codes from my code reader.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The vehicle does have 121k miles on it, but was just serviced 3 weeks ago for a cross country road trip.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 6 months ago.

Hi,this code is related to a failure of the torque converter lock-up circuit,a check of the wiring is necessary to see if this is a solenoid,wiring or hard fault of torque converter.If you have no lock-up you really won't notice much but fuel mileage will suffer greatly.In most cases this problem is related to a faulty solenoid meaning the entire valve body is replaced which can be very expensive but I have also seen some wiring and torque converter issues.All the other warning lights your seeing are related to the transmission fault ,this will need to be corrected first to clear the other lamps,hope this info helps, thanks for your time