Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Tried to start car with remote starter. it sounded like it

Customer Question
was going to start but...
tried to start car with remote starter. it sounded like it was going to start but didn't. now the little green light on the ignition keeps coming on and the red battery light stays on but you can't start the car AND you cannot shut off the green light or the battery light. It's like the car is on but not starting.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: I have no idea how to do that. I'm just trying to start the car in my driveway. The two lights won't shut off but the car is not starting. It won't shut off when I hit the ignition button.
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2015 Outback
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm just trying to start it. NOT fixing it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 6 days by:
1/7/2017
Subaru Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause these symptoms and some electrical testing will most likely be required. If you're still under basic warranty by mileage remember that the tow and repair would be covered.

Have you tried a jump start?

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician