Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to install a engine block heater in my 2002 Subaru

Customer Question

i need to install a engine block heater in my 2002 Subaru outback with the 6 cylinder. location of installation and procedure please
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is not broken need to install new heater or did they come with a block heater
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern
  • It depends on the style and brand heater. There are some that go into the block in place of a freeze plug and some that go into the lower radiator hose. Which are you installing?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris