Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I have a 1998 Legacy Outback wagon, I have just replaced my

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Legacy Outback wagon, I have just replaced my battery and I cannot reset my alarm.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I don,t Belive it is leaking. brand new from the parts store.
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried the disarm and turn off instructions outlined in the owners manual
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.You most likely will need to reprogram your key fob. Here is the procedure:
1. Press and hold the programming button either taped to the harness just outside the remote entry control unit or secured to the lower left of dash near the hood release handle.2. Turn the ignition switch on.3. Hold button until the door locks cycle 3 times. Keep holding.4. Press the lock button on each transmitter(s), there will be a confirmation door lock cycle.5. Fill all 5-memory slots.6. Release the program switch and cycle the ignition switch.7. Check the operation.Let me know how it goes or if I can help more.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 8 months ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

were you able to fix the problem?