Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We just purchased a 2014 crosstrek and my husband went to

Customer Question

Hello, we just purchased a 2014 crosstrek and my husband went to get in the car this morning and the key fob did not open the door nor did the key. We think the battery is dead. How can we open the hood to jump the battery?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Scotch the rear wheels so it can not roll, raise the front of the car up. Connect jumper cables to the chassis and to the large wire on the starter or alternator. Then the other end of the jumper cables to a battery or charger. This will power your cars battery.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Chris- thank you for following up! My husband was able to add lube to the key lock and open the door with the manual key. So we didn't end up using your advice and honestly didn't even look at it.. thank you though!

Glad you got it resolved.