Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Check engine light just came on, brake light started

Customer Question
Check engine light just...

Check engine light just came on, brake light started flashing and the cruse icon started flashin

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The check engine light is steady

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2013 outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far drove it home, didn't hear any weird noises shut it off started it again and the check engine light came on, brake light flashed along with the cruse icon, then I shut it off and started to google

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 170,000miles

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
11/11/2016
Subaru Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, is the abs light on also?

take the vehicle to autozone and have them scan the computer for fault codes. its free. write them down and then let me know.

its a long shot but take the gas cap off and tighten it back down good. take it for a ride over the next couple of days and it may clear all the lights. sounds crazy, but theres some sort of software glitch in the computer.

checking in to see how its going

Subaru Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer

do you still need help?