Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Is there away to reduce wind noise from the door seals -

Customer Question

is there away to reduce wind noise from the door seals - 2016 outback
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: dl
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dealer service says all seals look ok. i'm just starting. Today turned off radio I couldn't hear well at low 70's on freeway
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: turned it off because noise was too loo loud and could not hear it well without turning volume way up
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I can help you better. Is it all the doors or just a couple? which ones ?

I will give you a video I found that does what I do , just ignor some of the stupid stuff but key in on using that rope for packing, just before you do that clean and teat the weatherstrip with some spray silicone wip off any extra. This is good to use in the winter as well so the weather strips don't freeze up and you can't open the doors. Also make sure the doors are adjusted in properly by putting a straight edge of anything across the edge of the door and body when closed ,it should be even ,if the door edge sticks out it needs to be adjusted in by loosening the striker just a bit and tapping it in with a hammer to achieve desired fit. Hope this helps your problem and if you require further help I'll be happy to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaprBL7bP_0