Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Subaru WRX is running hot and boiling coolant when car comes

Customer Question

Subaru WRX is running hot and boiling coolant when car comes up to temp. Pulled the tstat and it checked good. Cannot see any sign of coolant leak from any hose or water pump. Need advice!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check the head gaskets sounds like this could be your problem. Also make sure the cooling fans are both working. You could pressure test the cooling system or do a leak down test to check the head gaskets.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check the fuses for the fans under the hood.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks