Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Hesitation when stepping on the gas, No and it's starts the

Customer Question
Hesitation when stepping on the...
Hesitation when stepping on the gas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No and it's starts the same
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 06subaru tribeca
JA: What year is your Tribeca?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spark plugs and wires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
10/9/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- is the check engine light on

2- did you have it scanned and retrieved any fault codes

3- have you checked fuel pressure :these are the specs

Fuel pressure Fuel pressure: Standard ............... 338 - 348 kPa (3.4 - 3.5 kgf/cm2, 49 - 50.5 psi)

4- there is no fule filter part of the fuem pump

5- take out mass air flow sensor and clean with mass airflow sensor cleaner

6- clean out the throttle body plate

what is the mileage on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.