Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

92 subaru legacy 265,000 miles my check engine light seems

Customer Question
to be intermitiant (comes and...
92 subaru legacy 265,000 miles my check engine light seems to be intermitiant (comes and gos by its self) car doesn't have a port to plug a checker into. The last time I got a code it said my transmission temp sensor was faulty. I have a manual transmission no sensor. I cant afford to spend a lot of money fixing up a car with that many miles. As it is it will not pass the NY state inspection since the light is usually on. So far It has not been off long enough to get it inspected.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on most of the time
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it had a tune up last year a oil change last week and a new muffler last spring
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the oil pressure light started coming on before the oil change and come and goes also
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
10/2/2016
Subaru Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
what are the codes?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.