tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

My subaru while driving hesitated, jumped, then died out. It

Customer Question

Hi. My subaru while driving hesitated, jumped, then died out. It now cranks but does not turn over. Its throwing codes po400 and po345. I also noticed that the plastic cover for the timing belt is cracked and broken and I can now see the timing belt itself. I changed the CMP sensor but still does not turn over.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 10 months ago.

Hi,there is a possibility that the cambelt has jumped or some of the teeth may have sheered off ,this would cause the vehicle to die out and not restart.The P0400 is a EGR code and has no bearing on the problem at this time.At this point the engine should be turned over by hand and remove the drivers and passenger side outer cambelt covers to see if this is the case,thanks