Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Unscrewed the wrong drain plug... drained ouit about 2 litre

Customer Question
hi ... unscrewed the...
hi ... unscrewed the wrong drain plug... drained ouit about 2 litre of trans fluid....
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: never
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2015 crosstrex
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did nothing... just curious of I should bring it to the dealer.... my closest dealer is 1200km away
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
9/15/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

i would add the fluid that was drained back to it the 2 litre

these are the fluid type and capacity needed

CVT Fluid Capacity ....................................... 12.3 - 12.9 qt (11.68 - 12.18)

CVT Fluid (CVTF) Type ......................................... SUBARU CVT Fluid Lineartronic II Always use the recommended CVTF for CVT. Using other fluid will cause malfunction.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I add the fluid?

it goes back in the same drain hole it came out .

there is a special trans pump we use to fill them.

but I understand you far away from dealer

what you can try , is to buy a fluid transfer pump and get some hoses to fit the drain hole with some seals & gasket to make the connection

and pump fluid back in it .

Hope I was helpful to you

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I still drive around??

it takes 12.9 quarts ,so you did not loose much

but you can drive around to get stuff needed around town to repair it .

I want drive long distance on it

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat