Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My tribeca isover heater

Customer Question
my tribeca isover heater
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Is this your second post with this question?

Sorry, I am unable to do a phone call at this time. I was just wondering if this is your second post since I responded to your first one but didn't get any reply.

My question on that post is if this is actually overheating or just going to 3/4 on the gauge

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is your recommendation
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You don't have any idea what I am talking about do you?

Well,

First, make sure that both cooling fans are actually working, especially if the issue happens the most when the a/c is being used. I have also had several of these that I had to separate the radiator fans and the air conditioning condenser and clean the cooling fins out with a garden hose. If there is a lot of road dirt and debris in there, it will hurt the air flow and cause it to run hot.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already did that

Does the car overheat or not?

That was my first question.

My second question was whether or not it mattered if the air was being used.

You didn't respond to either.

Also, this wasn't listed in things you have done to see what's up. 3 thermostats I think and that it wasn't a head gasket and that was on a different post I think

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well is over heater no matter if actually is on or not its doesn't make any difference

So its going to hot on the gauge and not 3/4 like you originally stated?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I what to do I have done everything and nothing work

Sorry, I can't help you.

Please do not rate or reply as it will lock the question right back to me.

I am going to open this up for the other experts and perhaps one of them will be able to help you.

If you reply, then they will not see this question and be able to try to help.

Subaru Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

do you still need help?

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto