Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Knocking sound in engine a man said it is a rod how much

Customer Question
does it cost to repair JA...
knocking sound in engine a man said it is a rod how much does it cost to repair
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: engine it started today was low on oil just had it serviced in june a man who works on cars stopped and said it was a rod
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2008 impreza
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: having it towed to a auto shop tried nothing yet but put oil in it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
8/28/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Your options are to have engine rebuilt or replaced. To have it rebuilt would cost around $3500 depending on where you go and you could get it replaced for around $2000. It is around a 9 hour job labor to replace and you can look at www.car-parts.com for engine in your area. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Dan, Technician