Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

2008 forester running a little rough, cruise light blinking

Customer Question
check engine light on. I...
2008 forester running a little rough, cruise light blinking check engine light on. I don't think I have the codes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
8/28/2016
Subaru Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely the cruise control has been disabled due to the rough engine running.I have seen this before in the past.The rough engine running may be an engine misfire and can be due to several components causing this issue from spark plugs at fault,injectors restricted needing replaced,air intake issues,etc.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers on your model.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

Most shops or dealers can check the codes and diagnose this issue for you.A local parts store can pull the codes and give you an idea of the fault at no charge as places like Auto Zone are known to do.If you can get the code number and post it here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician