Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP
I would try a jump start first. If there isn't any electrical then that indicates a flat battery. Leave the donor car on it for about 15 minutes, then see if it has at least some power.
If not, then check the main fusible link in the box under the hood. This is large, rectangular fuse that is bolted to the box. If it's burned out, it will take all the electrical power with it as well.
Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
The immobilizer won't kill all the power to the car. Check your battery connection for corrosion. Make sure it's clean and tight. This could be the issue since it came on so suddenly.
Sorry for the delayed response!
Also, check the small positive cable from the battery to the fuse box under the hood. make sure it's not swollen as this would be corrosion under the insulation and could be a problem as well. Something is keeping the battery power from that fuse box.
Terribly sorry for this late response, I especially realize you are on the other side of the world from me.
Because a poor connection will come and go. It's not the fob that is making the difference here, it's a bad connection at the fuse, the fuse box or the battery.
I believe it made a connection at some point and was doing fine. Then of course when that changed, now it looks like the other fob has a problem. The immobilizer just simply will not take all the power out like this. It will prevent the car from starting, but it's not going to keep the dome lights from coming on. I could be wrong about the battery or the cables, but I don't think I am wrong about the immobilizer.
Ok, it doesn't look like there is any corrosion on the battery that's for sure. Make sure the cables are good and tight, then check the other ends of them.
I am sending back your photo of the fusible link. Oddly that looks a little corroded to me. Anyhow, I highlighted the section you need to look at to see if it's blown or not.
if you have a volt meter, you can remove the fusible and check it for resistance using the ohm setting
It doesn't look like I sent it! MY bad.
Here it is!
Sounds good, hopefully it will be the problem and easily resolved.
The car has basically no electrical power right?
You are looking for a break in the center. This looks in tact in the photo to me. So I think you need to put it back in OR use a volt meter to test it. If it tests good, then use a test light to check some of the fuses in the box to make sure they have power.