tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

My 2015 Outback $ cyl has developed a brake issue. When I

Customer Question

My 2015 Outback $ cyl has developed a brake issue. When I start the vehicle after it has been parked for a few hours, the brake light flashes even after I release the parking brake. If I re-engeage the brake and release it, the light stops blinking. My thought is that the parking brake is not fully dis-engaging though I am at a loss as to why. Have you seen this before?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Hi ,yes I have seen this before,please check the level of the brake fluid in the master cylinder if it is low this could be the cause,brake pad wear will cause a low fluid level so its possible if the level is low the brakes are worn or you may have a leak, check this out and let me know,thanks