Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

07 b9 tribeca. #1 injector intermitedly fails. Can a used

Customer Question
pcm be reflased at the...
07 b9 tribeca. #1 injector intermitedly fails. Can a used pcm be reflased at the dealer? Im getting mixed aswers
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: the pcm stops pulsing the ground that pulses the #1 injector. I have a used pcm.... can subaru dealers flas in the vin
JA: Are you fixing your B9 Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a mechanic. I just need to know if i bring my local subaru dealer a used pcm can they reflash it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
8/10/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 1 year ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Sorry,if the PCM has the VIN encoded we cannot erase and start over.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why did the parts guy tell me it could? who am i to believe?
Subaru Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician