Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

2003 Subaru baja front blinkers work but rear blinkers don't

Customer Question
nore do the hazard light...
2003 Subaru baja front blinkers work but rear blinkers don't nore do the hazard light bulbs are good fuses are good I changed out the columb assembly what else could it be
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Would you like a wiring diagram? Do you have a multi meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i would like the diagram and yes i have a meter i am not at shop now just trying to get some help so i can try everything tomoro

Turn signal circuit diagram

Do the brake lights work?

The brake and turn is a dual filament bulb.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
brake lights work

You have the dual filament bulbs installed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the correct bulbs in

Check the hazard and turn module, Start at the bulb socket. Use a test light. Then move back to the module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the bulbs that were in it they looked good I looked up what the correct bulb was and those were the ones that were in it I bought new ones any ways a replaced them with new
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used a test light with the blinker switch on and got nothing out of eather wire at the rear of the car checked them at the passenger front of the car still nothing couldn't find exactly were they ran into from there were is the hazard and turn module located....... I also changed the hazard light switch

Behind left side of dash. It has only a 3 wire connector going into it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
might be dumb question but is that the flasher/ relay that clicks the blinkers off and on it had 3 wires running to it and it is making the fronts work

Yes that is it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did not change it i am able to tomorrow.. but would that affect just the rears not to work?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i checked one of the wires I'm pritty positive it was the black and yellow wire with the test light and it was flashing the bulb on the tester off and on when i had the blinker switch on

Check the grounds as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i checked the ground in the bed of it on each side took them off and scratched behind each of the bolts and washers so it got a better ground then used my test light negative on them and it is getting good ground through them

Ok message me tomorrow on here I am going to log off until tomorrow. thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from the diagram it looks like it might be some were in the stop and turn module i know it says behind left side of the dash but there is a bunch of modules on left side of dash are u able to get a picture of it at all?

There is no picture in the repair manual. It has an 8 wire connector, 4 on top 4 on bottom.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I changer the turn and brake module today and the hazard and turn module/flasher and still nothing tester the turn/brake wires comeing out of the turn and hazard module when blinker switch is turned on got nothing but does light up like it should when hitting the brakes need help im stumped

Use the wiring diagram to check the wiring. Start at the bulbs connectors and work your way back to the fuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The blinkers stop at the turn and brake module have flashing going in nothing going out i got a used one does same thing mabee there both bad

It could be if you have flashing going in and nothing coming out it has to be the module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ordered one from subaru it will be hear friday morning i will let you know if it fixes it or not thanks....

Ok thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician