Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I must remove the inside cover of the driver side door of a

Customer Question
2006 Subaru Outback. The door...
I must remove the inside cover of the driver side door of a 2006 Subaru Outback. The door does not unlock with my remote key, all the other doors do. I want to see what the problem may be. I have all the push in snaps loose all around the door and have removed the screw in the handle area but it still seems to be a screw or two that is preventing me to remove the cover complete but cannot determine how to reach the remaining screws as I cannot locate how to remove any smaller covers to get at the screw. Any help is very appreciated. Thank You. Alan ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
7/31/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

There are a few screws on it. The pull handle has to come off to get the screws that are under it.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you all of the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Mainly the pull handle, have you taken that off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried to figure that out also but I can see the handle mechanism from behind the panel by bending the top of the panel towards the inside but it looks like it is screwed from inside the panel but I cannot get the panel off to get at the screw or screws to remove the door handle.

That is not how it comes out. The handle has to be pushed up and rotated.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page. Thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4c08d1javrx34ul/Front%20door%20trim%20panel.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am having difficulty in understanding the money part of this. I do not want to sign up for a monthly subscription charge, I just have this one issue and want to resolve this. This is very difficult to follow. Please explain how this money thing works and what I will owe..You have stated that you can send this to me in a PDF file for $10.00, would my total be $15.00 as I do not want a subscription as I stated above.
I am not sure the advice I have received thus far is for my vehicle. I have a 2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean Edition and have tried to remove the pull handle by pushing up and than turn it but there is no room to push it up even using a pry bar.

Let me send it to customer service, we are not allowed to discuss any financial charges with customers, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just cancel this. I am not satisfied with the results. Do not charge my credit card. I will just take it into a Subaru dealer. Thank You.
Alan *********
Jerry, Master Mechanic