rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2008 subaru forester is overheating. I replaced

Customer Question

My 2008 subaru forester is overheating. I replaced thermostat and radiator hoses filled with antifreeze and went for test drive. It was fine for about 30 miles, then it overheated again, fefore i found a spot to stop the temp went down to normal, After a couple of miles temp went up again, then down to normal again. Any idea what i should look at next? Thanks
Category: Subaru
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

Two other things will cause that, one would be a lugged radiator and two would be a bad water pump, not moving the water fast enough due to worn out fins.

Thanks, Ron