Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Key is stuck in ignition. Will not start and key will not

Customer Question
come out. JA: Does the engine...
Key is stuck in ignition. Will not start and key will not come out.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: January 2014
JA: What is the model of your '14 Subaru?
Customer: the outback is a 2011. the battery was replaced Jan 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning the steering wheel
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
7/9/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Sounds like the battery is Dead, this would cause your problem. Have you checked the battery is charged?

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Certified Technician