Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Would changing the spark plugs and plug wires do somthing to

make it overheat?It didn't overheat...
would changing the spark plugs and plug wires do somthing to make it overheat?It didn't overheat before we changed the spark plugs.On a 1999 subaru legacy.
7/4/2016
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Hi there,

This should not cause any type of overheating unless something happened to the wiring for the cooling fans. These can be a bit of a pain to change the plugs in of course, so I would look at the wiring from the fuse box under the hood to the cooling fans, or turn the car on and turn the air conditioning on. This should make both cooling fans kick on and off. Otherwise, no legitimate reason for any overheating to occur.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was the answer believe it or not. One of the fans didn't work. It ended up being the fuse.A+++
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician