john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

I have a 2015 crosstrek. Its a manual transmission. It was t

Customer Question

I have a 2015 crosstrek. Its a manual transmission. It was hit while parked in the front fender and pushed against curb. Whole front suspension replaces, all tires amd rear transmission mount (trans mount shows where it was hit against itself). I have been going back and forth with the body shop for the issue below: 4th and 5th gear has intermittten harmonic type vibration noises both coasting and underload 2k -3k rpms. They said the wheel bearings look ok, replaced 4th tire to match other new tires. Noise hasnt gone away. Any ideas cc joint, input/output shaft bearing, i am trying to give the mechanic an idea but eveytime they looked at it, they dont see anything. Ive taken it back to them several times and replace a part give it back and the noise is the same
Category: Subaru
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

do you feel it thru the shifter? wee the cv shafts changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont feel it in the shifter, cv joint inspected but not replaced

they cant see a wobble in a cv shaft...if the frt end was hit that hard i would start there

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you