Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Does a 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited sedan have a fuel pump

Customer Question
relay? JA: So many things can...
Does a 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited sedan have a fuel pump relay?
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have done a new fuel filter n fuel pump today. It squirts gas around the IN side of the filter it will start with starting fluid, but not without.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: Just trying to get back home
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see anything like #4 under the steering wheel. I replaced fuel pump & filter today. Fuse looks good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vehicle starts with starting fluid, but not otherwise
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It squirts fuel at the IN side of the filter
Subaru Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
does it stay running?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it stops after ether is gone.
does it have injector pulse? any codes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Injector pulse? I hear the pump at key turn, before cranking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a code for o2 sensor, can't remember specific code
pump prims for 2 ta 3 seconds that's normal... injector pulse the computer sends a signal so the injectors squirt fuel on command
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I know if there is injector pulse?
you use a automotive tool called a noid light...it plugs into the injector harness...it flashes when your cranking the motor if it has a signal..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I have reached the limit of my expertise and the limits of my tool set. I appreciate your time and help. I think it is mechanic time tomorrow
ok best of luck ..hope you can rate my service 5 star
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your time n effort!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You will get an A+ from me. I'm a teacher.
awesome
Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician