Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Outback: I have a 2005 Subaru Outback. first

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Subaru Outback. For the first time in 10 years I parked and locked up my car and the lights didn't automatically turn off. Headlights are off, but the tail lights and orange lights on the front of the car are on. I don't know why it would matter, but I did take the car in for the passenger air bag recall repair today.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Check the rocker switch on the top of the steering column. It may have gotten bumped on today and nobody noticed. This is pretty common. All it does is turn the parking lights on and it's the only switch that has power when the car is off and the key out. Please check it and let me know.Thanks
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereThought I would check back and see if you needed further assistance?