Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru forester: I have a 2009 Subaru forester 2.5 none

Customer Question
hi I have a 2009...
hi I have a 2009 Subaru forester 2.5 none turbo. check engine light came on, scanned it with my snap on solus and code p0028. car had minimal oil, topped it off drove for 10min and it came back on. please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/6/2016
Subaru Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Intake valve circuit control needs to be tested with a scope to see if that part, circuit or computer is at fault.Thanks, Ron
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok how is that done, please advise,
You need to attach a lab scope to the intake valve solenoid and check it's pattern. You also need to check the valued on the scan tool including MODE 6 and freeze frame data for that codes.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I check it and how is it done, not that techy so please provide instructions
What lab scope do you have and do you know how to use it? Lab scopes are very technical to understand and operate. You're scan tool is a good one to run the other tests I mentioned.Thanks again, Ron
Here's the job you'd be looking at to do.Thanks again, Ron
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor