Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 2011 STI that yesterday i started in the morning

Customer Question
hi , i have a...
hi , i have a 2011 STI that yesterday i started in the morning and started throwing oil by the oil filter , i replace the oil and filter thinking that the filter was the problem but it did it again, i guess is building to much pressure , do you think is the relief valve pressure stuck or is a something else ? thanks
JA: Is there anybody who is slim enough for themselves? I could lose ten pounds but you might want me to keep it in some places. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i want to fix it myself .
JA: Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
4/28/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry your question did not get addressed earlier. I have been working my way down the list of waiters and I am to your concern now. Do you still need assistance?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Chris , i'm still Waiting for somebody to help me with my question , thank you !
Is the oil coming out between the filter and filter mount blowing out the filter O-ring seal?If that is the case then it is high oil pressure from a faulty pressure regulator.Do you work on engines? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Does this also happen with an oem filter. The filter looks like it was tightened with a wrench, if that is the case it may be over tightened and pushing the seal out. Have you confirmed there was not accidentally an old filter seal still stuck to the base? Below is a link to the specs and regulator location.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/regulator.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the prior filter , I drove the car for about 1800 miles , then all of a sudden on the morning I started the car and sprayed oil all over the place , I'm gonna get the own filter tomorrow , if is not the problem ? What should I do next ? Thanks
Next would be an oil pressure test, then remove the regulator and check it and the spring out.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm gonna go for the OEM oil filter tomorrow and I will check the spring then . Thanks
Keep in touch
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Kris , i removed The Spring of Oil pump relief valve but the bulb won't come out . Is it supposed to move freely ? Thanks
I believe your calling the bulb the regulator that is just beyond the spring. Yes it should move freely and be able to come out. This part moves to control the oil pressure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, does not come out , it is stucked , should I get a new oil pump or just remove the one and clean it , my car has less than 20k since they put a new engine at the dealer ( ring land failure )
If your not able to get it out then you will need to remove the front cover to try and get it out and or replace the cover and regulator parts.
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician