Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My radio/stereo stopped working. The CD player I can see it's

Customer Question

My radio/stereo stopped working. The CD player I can see it's still working. All the electronics work but no sound. When it use to to the stereo would just start blasting out of nowhere until I turned my car off and started it again???
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Subaru Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: K
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes indeed..save me some money..☺
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? What confuses you?
Customer: I haven't taken anything apart. I looked at the fuses and the all looked good. I've tried disconnecting the battery. I was just hoping it would start working again. Its a 09 outback with a 3.0 engine
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Subaru Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, do you know if yours came with the optional separate amplifier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the amplifier is under my seat? How can I be sure? I find get one either the car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Slide the passenger seat forward as far as it will go and look at rear underneath passenger seat and you should see the amp bolted to the floorboard. If yours has an amp, check fuse #5 in the main fuse box in the engine compartment and fuse #24 in the fuse box underneath dash If fuses are good, then amp has failed
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had time to investigate the fuses...I will look into it tomorrow and let u know...
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses look good..a little brown but no busted filament...I think it is the amp...
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Check that none of the connectors to the amp have any loose wiring or broken wiring in case some was shoved under the seat and damaged the wiring. If ok, then replace the amp Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.