Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 2008 forester with a 2.5 SOHC. My problem is the the

Customer Question
car was running very bad...
I have a 2008 forester with a 2.5 SOHC. My problem is the the car was running very bad, I tookit to my mechanic and he said it was misfiring and had many codes. He said he had to replace the spark plug wires because they were soaked with oil. He replaced the plugs and valve cover gaskets also. He said the motor was running smooth and went to drive it and said it was hesitating, like it was running out of gas. He said oil solenoids might be the problem but doesn't know. Will these cause a car to hesitate??
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have gone on line to see about the solenoids he was talking about. They don't look hard to replace. BUT my question is will they cause the car to hesitate?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: The mechanic said it was really dirty inside the motor when he did the valve gaskets. The motor runs smooth at idle and revs up in park, just drive a little done the road and it starts to die
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
4/23/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 1 year ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi, yes the oil control solenoids could cause a hesitation,because the engine was misfiring I would also have the ignition coil inspected,the coil towers may be cracked causing a misfire which is a more likely cause of a hesitation,thanks
tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician