Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Impeza 2.5: My 1999 Impeza 2.5 has a dead battery. wHEN

Customer Question

My 1999 Impeza 2.5 has a dead battery. wHEN i CONNECT A TRICKLE CHARGER THE ANTI-THEFT GOES OFF. iT CYCLES BETWEEN CHARGING AND NO CHARGE ABOUT EVERY 20 SECINDS. Help!!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,First of all, if you want to charge the battery you should disconnect the battery from the car.That being said though, if you have the remote for the door locks, you can simply cycle them on and off. If not, then there is a programming button under the dash near the hood release. Turn the key to the on position in the ignition and at the same time press the button. Hold it for about 10 seconds and it should reset the alarm.The best method would be to disconnect the battery, then charge it. Once charged hook up the positive cable, then turn the ignition key on to the run position and connect the negative cable. This will reset the alarm so the car will start.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, hadn't heard back so I thought I would check and see if you need further assistance with this?