peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Need to replace 2014 Outback rear seat flop over lever. Have

Customer Question

Need to replace 2014 Outback rear seat flop over lever. Have part. How to do?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is to tilt or fold the seat in some cases the lever can be clipped on or has a screw through it that can be removed to then replace it.If this has been checked and is not how this is done let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I have the complete plastic assembly available to replace. My problem is how to get out the upholstered part between the seat back and the door frame so that I can get the old assembly out. The replacement paper is about 5.5 x 2.5 inches and 2 inches deep. Then I would need to hook the release cable to the lever on the new part.

O.k.,looking at the info I have on this here unfortunately I do not show how this is done on this model.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You guys did not help. I took the car apart until I figured out how to replace the part. I want to get uncharged.

I will send this to customer service.

Thanks Pete