Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Mercedes Benz, BMW, and Volvo -- have strengthened their…

Customer Question
Mercedes Benz, BMW, and Volvo...
Mercedes Benz, BMW, and Volvo -- have strengthened their seats well above the NHTSA standard to guard against seatback failure. Has Subaru? I haven't been able to take our kids anywhere with confidence since seeing some of the catastrophic accidents. If they haven't, is it possible to have it upgraded? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
3/9/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

There is not a chart showing a strength number for each make and model and year vehicle, for the seat backs. Only reports on if this part has failed or not. They have to meet the NHTSA testing or the seat and car will fail. Yes you could disassemble a seat and have more bracing welded into it as long as it does not effect the air bag and as long as the extra supports do not cause more harm in certain impacts. The concern though with seat back failure is at the hinge which can not be strengthened. Of all the seat back failures I have seen the majority come from those where as the seat belt shoulder strap is integrated into the seat back and not attached to the roof pillars.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician