Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I own a '16 forester with a remote starter. I'm sitting in…

Customer Question
I own a '16...

I own a '16 forester with a remote starter. I'm sitting in the car now. I was running it, turned it off and now in won't crank. Dash lights come on briefly, but not the door chine, audio, etc. can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Well, nothing technical. I have experimented with trying to start it with the key and with the remote starter, by trying to move the gear shifter. The brake won't depress.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
3/6/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,how are you? Is this a factory remote starter?