Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Another stupid do it yourselfer trying to change oil on my…

Customer Question
Another stupid do it...

Another stupid do it yourselfer trying to change oil on my 2013 subaru XV. I drained the cvt fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I need to put the oil back in. How? Or is that possible. Heard there is a fill plug somewhere.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
3/6/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I have attached a file showing how/wher to refill, The thing is, you will need a hand fluid pump to do so, You can get them at parts stores, It has a hose on the end to pump in the fluid, Must use correct fluid. I would prefer to see you use the Subaru fluid as this is same as in the trans and will intermix, Valvoline makes a CVT fluid, I think Mobile as well can be used as well but my .02 is correct Subaru fluid to be safe

here is the link

I can't tell where the filler plug is on diagram
driver side ..... passenger side and is it a 10mm hex?

drivers side, you can just see the starter in the diagram and the switch plugs on the side, I cant remember but yes, I think 10mm