Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Impreza and the electrical system doesn't seem…

Customer Question
My name is***** have...

My name is***** have a 2015 Impreza and the electrical system doesn't seem to be working

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No sound when I turn the key, no lights, key doesn't lock or unlock the car etc

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/20/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi Patty,it sounds as if the battery is dead, is there anyway you can get a jump start?

I can call aaa
I've only had the car for 6 months, is this normal

Great ,give them a call,if the car has less than 36,000 it is still covered under factory warranty you may want to have it towed to the dealer to have them check it out,it may need a battery or a charge, they will connect it to a tester to fully test it,hope this helps,thanks

No it's not a normal condition but the battery may not be accepting a charge ,something may have been left on or something is still running after the key is off causing a drain,a full inspection at the dealer will take place to determine what the cause is though,thanks

Thank you

No problem Patty,did you get it to the dealer or did AAA just jump start the battery?