Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Radio dont work cant find right fuse, radio stop working and…

Customer Question
Radio dont work cant...

Radio dont work cant find right fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Radio stop working and dome light too

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Just cant find right fuse to check the list in book is wrong

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/16/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Hi there,

What year and model is your Subaru please?

2005
Outback wagon

Ok, in the fuse box inside the car, check fuse #24. In the main fuse box under the hood, check fuse #8.

Either of these would prevent the radio from coming on.

Please check them and let me know. They should be numbered.

looks like #8 will be the culprit. This is also your fuse for the dome lights.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Aweful gave me see generic answer everyone else did

Sorry, do you need a diagram of the fuse location?

No I have that
Fuses are fine
I have no alternate add ons Oak Hill center no wireless starter nothing all stock

radio dont work cant find right fuse

This is your post......exactly what you posted. WERE you able to actually check the fuse?

Do you have a test light so we can see if there is any power at the fuse since you claim the fuse you cannot find is in good shape?

U r kidding right? I'm a mechanic just not familiar with subaru
Because there are no numbers on any of locations
yeah thats the one i checked and it good

Does it have power?

Doesn't make any sense

Well, if it has power and it's good, you then need to pull the radio and check it for power on that wire. If it has power, the radio is no good. If not, the wire is broken.

that's first I checked. I just had my windshield replaced ? Possible cause?

Only if they somehow either cut the power feed or pinched it under the windshield. Has the car ever been wrecked?

Never

Ok

I am showing only one harness connector on the power wire from the main fuse box to the radio and this is up under the dash. Not sure, but I think what I would do here is start under the main fuse box. Locate the blue/red stripped wire where it comes out there and check it for power. Maybe there is an issue inside the box preventing the power out from the fuse to the radio. Probably the easiest place to start checking. This is the power directly to the radio, but it's also the power for the dome lamps as well.