Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

I blew an transmission oil cooler line and dumped al the

Customer Question

I blew an transmission oil cooler line and dumped al the oil. reconnected the line and put on a new clamp,filled with 5 quarts type J oil and started the engine. No motion, nothing happens in any gear. Any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: All the gears.
JA: Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: I'm going to have to replace the battery. I'm jump starting it now.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Subaru Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Is the transmission fluid level now showing full?