Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

My name is ***** ***** and I can't get my 2003 wrx to start.

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I can't get my 2003 wrx to start. When I turn the key everything comes on but when I turn the key nothing happens I just replaced the starter and the alternator
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got the car and I went to replace the radio and I pulled out a weird harness and now the car won't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for the type of problem you are having can be caused by a failing starter interrupt relay. Can you take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and see if you have battery voltage at the starter on the larger battery cable as well as the yellow start wire from the ignition switch? Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/start%20circuit%20Feb%2015.pdf