How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tamaz Your Own Question
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Category: Subaru
Satisfied Customers: 1236
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
Type Your Subaru Question Here...
tamaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I am at the gas station and (attempt) to fill up my

Customer Question

When I am at the gas station and (attempt) to fill up my wrx, if I don't pump super slow, the filler neck fills up with gas and the pump stops from the back pressure. I've replaced the charcoal canister and the vapor valve, and checked to see if any of the hoses are blocked, I'm at a loss as to what else it could be and would appreciate some help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,at the charcoal canister there are 3 hoses the smaller one is the purge line ,on the canister the other 2 hoses are marked drain and fuel tank,while you are refueling remove the hose marked fuel tank if you can fuel normally the problem is most likely between the canister and the vent going into frame rail,if not its from the hose to the tank, hope this helps ,thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else on that hose that goes from the canister to the tank. I took all three hoses off just to be sure,and no different in pumping.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes there is a vent valve that this hose goes to,that is why I had you remove it ,it splits the system in half .The problem must be with this valve is stuck not allowing proper venting,the tank needs to be removed to replace this,thanks for your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking about the valve that's bolted on along with the filter right next to the canister? That's called a vent valve and I've replaced it before and I took it off the day blew it and I was able to.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi. no this vent valve is on top of the tank here's a pic it's #34 on the fuel tank, your problem is eiher wih his valve or a obstruction in the hose going to it