Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have an 05 legacy gt limited and that I bought a few days

Customer Question
hey ***** ***** I have...
hey ***** ***** I have an 05 legacy gt limited and that I bought a few days ago and the stitch between the defroster , front vents, and foot vents is stuck on the front vents
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the heat and ac work but whe I try and push the button for the defroster they don't come on and the front facing blowers stay on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
2/9/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 1 year ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,what type of system is this a automatic or manual ?I believe because it is a GT it would be automatic but like to make sure before we continue,thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a manual

Hi , because this is a manual system the most likely cause is the cable may be detached from the heater case.You will need to get under the dash to see if this is the case, the heater case is in the center of the car behind the dash,you will need to remove the lower panels and possibly the knee panel on drivers side,do you need instructions on doing this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please that would be super helpful

Hi ,here's instructions on removal, once this is done you will be able to see where the cable is that controls the air flow

Hi again,I'd like for you to just remove the lower panel on the drivers side first, it's removed by simply removing the 3 clips that secure it,I don't want to take to much apart just yet,by removing the panel you will at least be able to see if cable is attached,thanks

Hi disregard that first message I cannot send that file, after you remove the lower panel let me know what you find

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I'll let you know what I find thank you

I'll be here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think we're talking about the same system mine isn't the mechanical one mines the digital display where you press the button to cycle through the modes

No problem this is the automatic system then,so when you pressthe mode button nothing changes then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it stays on the front facing vents

To your knowledge do all the other functions work?What happens when you select auto feature

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to my knowledge everything else works. When you press auto usually it will say the bottom blowers are on but the top ones are always on.

There is a diagnostic procedure that is built into the system to help find faults,it may be the head unit or a fault with one of the door actuators that direct air flow, let me look it up for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you

Here is the chart it's very detailed let me know what you find

I will be offline till later today let me know if you have more questions ,thanks

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician