Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Subaru Outback legacy that has a controller…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Subaru...
I have a 2000 Subaru Outback legacy that has a controller that won't reset. I have put it through emissions and it failed. I've had more extensive work done to it and I still have a check engine light but I can't put it through emissions again because I keep getting a not ready signal from the controller. I spoke with other people who told me how I should drive it to get it to clear and be ready for inspection but I put a thousand miles on it and it's still says not ready for the last two tests it does go through the first four tests but it is failing to do the last two tests. It is not ready to fail emissions again. Can you help. What should I do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/2/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:

If you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help unless you…

… have basic mechanical knowledge and skills, and…

… have whatever tools and equipment might be needed for a proper diagnosis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The check engine light being on is the way the on-board computer is telling you there is a problem that needs to be repaired before it can run the necessary monitors so the vehicle can pass emissions.

I can provide you with the technical expertise to diagnose and fix this problem; however, it would be up to you to provide the necessary tools and equipment plus the skills to use them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards.

I've had my car into
three different places. Everyone seems to do the same things. Replace oxygen sensors, clean carburetor body, clean fuel line,check sensor wires for continuity, change domestic sensors for oem parts, disconnect and short out battery wires all to no avail. Still get an oxygen sensor code but worse yet, the computer will not reset. It stays in the not ready code after going through the first four steps and failing to do the last two.

I'm sorry you've gone through all that trouble as I also wish there was a way that I could help you other than what I've already offered you, but that's all I can do from my position.

I sincerely ***** ***** get your emissions issue resolved.

Best Regards.

Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi, I'd love to help but I need some more information,does your vehicle have a standard or automatic transmission,and exactly what code keeps coming up this will help me help you ,thanks for your time