Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have 2 codes show up a p0500 and p1507 have replace vss…

Customer Question
i have 2 codes show...
i have 2 codes show up a p0500 and p1507 have replace vss and neutral safety swcith and instrument cluster be cause speedometer dose'nt work so would this problem still be in the ABS system this vechical is a 2001 outback wgn 2.5 m/t
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/2/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Is the ABS light also coming on or are you just dealing with the codes you have listed?

The code P0500 indicates you have a speed sensor concern and or the circuit to it. Since you have replaced the VSS then I would next check the circuit. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0500%20Feb.pdf

The code P1507 indicates a problem with the idle air control valve. I have also enclosed test steps for it as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/IAC%20Feb%202.pdf