Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback, bought a fiberglass rv trailer…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 Subaru...
I have a 2015 Subaru Outback, bought a fiberglass rv trailer (Scamp) The rv guy says I need a 7 prong wire connector and electric brakes. Where can I have this done and is it possible
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/2/2016
Subaru Mechanic: George H., Subaru Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

I am surprised they didn't offer to do it at the RV sale unless this is a private sale. Most RV shops will be happy to install the wiring you need.

You have provision for a four wire flat connector already wired in but with the 7 pin you supply 12 volts to the trailer as well as have the braking function in addition to the vehicle lights.

Any RV, trailer or even UHaul shop (last choice) can install the wiring or you can have an independent certified general service shop do the work. It is not hard but it does require access to the service information for your 2015 Subaru so they can make the correct connections.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician