Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have owned 3 Subaru vehicles, two Outbacks and the current…

Customer Question
I have owned 3 Subaru...
I have owned 3 Subaru vehicles, two Outbacks and the current 2009 petrol Forester .
I have never had a problem with any of the vehicles with the exception of the current vehicle which at 160000 kms has developed a differerential whine especially at low speeds.
It is the first of the Subaru's I have kept over 100,000kms .
I was going to upgrade to a low km Forester Diesel but am now concerned that these vehicles may have an inherint problem once they rack up the kms
Should I be looking at an alternative.
Many Thanks.
John.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
1/27/2016
Subaru Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the noise changes depending on if you are accelerating or decelerating?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.