Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2005 Subaru Impreza October 2015 timing belts all oil rings…

Customer Question
2005 Subaru Impreza October...
2005 Subaru Impreza October 2015 timing belts all oil rings n valves replaced, sub woofer installed Early December . Car would completely die 1/st of many for my sons car. Took to auto shop they charged n passed inspection. 2nd tow to there garage, few days later, same thing car lights flickers inside abs light comes on and jolt from engine. And loose power.They replaced drive pump, said they couldn't find problem. 3rd time they put in new battery, and paid for dead car to be towed.few days later had it towed to Subaru they put in new fuel pump. It should be fixed, took it back 2 days later this time we wanted them to have car completely dead as the wanted to see car in bad state. Car was driven by techs and manager overnight and freeway Miles's. Picked car up played stero filled up w/gas brought car home for son to finally drive. Car died 2 miles from home. Alternator tested from both shops (charged n highway driven) there tests all ok. They put cannot duplicate. We replaced keys, disconnected woofer. Orx cord is played on stero system.is this electrical or alternator. 3 months no answers frustrated
The mom
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/25/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,the problem sounds like a alternator issue or a loose connection possibly,when the vehicle dies while driving is the ABS light the only light that comes on inside the car?What happens after this occurs and try to restart ?Does the problem seem to happen at night when more electrical components are in use?To you knowledge did the shop test the battery for draws,meaning something in use when the key is off?Is there any aftermarket alarm/ remote starter installed in this car,thanks for your time I'll await your reply,thanks