Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Traction control light is on and the cruise control light…

Customer Question
Traction control light is on...
Traction control light is on and the cruise control light flashes but does not work also error code 66 is on. What could be the cause?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
1/24/2016
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

This error is for a speed sensor signal malfunction meaning one or more of the wheel speed sensors are not reporting speed to the abs module.Disconnect negative battery cable for 5 minuets and reconnect to see if code returns sometimes this code can be produced if wheels are spinning fast in a situation like being stuck. Thanks for your time.

Answer was totally useless ! Of course I had already reset the computer . Also error code 66 is a lean condition in bank one and two not for speed control sensor. Waste of time !!!!

Sorryi wasn't aware you already have cleared the code.bb is not a lean code ,the check engine light would be on lean is P0171,bb stands for brake booster so that is where the problem lies.i would love to help more if you wish ,thanks

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician