Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Can the bracket supporting the OBD port be relocated?

Customer Question
Can the bracket supporting...

Can the bracket supporting the OBD port be relocated? Forester 2016.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I hit the bracket with my left foot all the time. It is very uncomfortable during long drive.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
1/20/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

There are no directions or alternate areas to provide since that is not a normal repair procedure. Though the answer is yes, you can move it wherever needed. You can even hide it if you want. It just needs to be solid mounted and where a tech can access it to plug into it.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.