Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Not sure how this work.. Got a 2008 Tribeca and the

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, not sure how...
Customer: Hi, not sure how this work.. Got a 2008 Tribeca and the information display is black. The fuse is not blown.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When you turn the car on, the display usually says 'Welcome to Subaru' and displays the temp and information about the radio, what station, track, etc. A week ago, when we started the car, the display did not light up. The radio does not go on / off either. It's the model without navigation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If I can have a dialog with someone regarding this issue yes I'll wait and pay. If I'm just getting a response based on the information I provided then I don't think that will help me.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
Whatever you think the issue is, please provide some documentation on how to replace it. I'm not afraid to take the console apart and replace the radio or display.. I just don't know what's wrong and don't want to buy parts and guess wrong. Thanks!
The heater / air conditioning controls all work fine
1/19/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

The diag steps state to verify good power and ground to the radio unit. If they are good then to replace it. If that is something you can do, then I have the diagrams.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician